ok, so this blogging thing apparently does not work for me right now. Not even blogging about holidays. Still, there is one day in Mexico I have to share, because I love to go back and read about my life sometimes :) My Birthday. I turned 21. For the seventh time.
I had always wanted to swim with dolphins. Our holiday offered this, but I wasn't entirely sure about it. Undecisive me. So, Hendrik just went ahead and booked it for my birthday.
I clearly knew something was up that night....
Clearly excited about being engaged.
The next morning we did our usual routine of walking around at the beach and took some photos.
This time we had a new object to take photos of.
I had always wanted to swim with dolphins. Our holiday offered this, but I wasn't entirely sure about it. Undecisive me. So, Hendrik just went ahead and booked it for my birthday.
I clearly loved it.
After our morning swim with the dolphins it started thundering and raining. All the roads were flooded and it kept raining on and off for the rest of the day.
Part of the concept of our amazing hotel was that you could book restaurants some nights of your stay. We booked the Italian that night and we were not disapointed, like every night. The food in all their restaurants was amazing.
I clearly knew something was up that night....
After our dinner, Hendrik asked me to go on a walk. It was drizzling again. So, I clearly knew what was about to come. You don't just go for a walk in the rain. So , we went to the beach where Hendrik hugged me really tight and asked me to marry him.
I never answered, because we were holding each other so tight. But I took his ring, so that counts as a yes.
Clearly excited about being engaged.
The next morning we did our usual routine of walking around at the beach and took some photos.
This time we had a new object to take photos of.
A few days later we arrived safely back home. Can we just acknowledge how tanned my boyfriend/fiancé is? It's seriously unfair.
Keep tuned. We are already planning our next adventure. And a weddding...oh my... don't even get me started on wedding planning. At this rate we will be married in a retirement home.
I'm jumping up and down on my chair with excitement: CONGRATULATIONS on the ENGAGEMENT! What wonderful news!!! I love it, I'm so happy for you both <3
ReplyDeleteWhat a memorable birthday. I love, love, love the dolphin pics. And such a sweet proposal. Thank you so much for sharing this :) It just made my day! You deserve all the happiness in the world <3