Today Hendrik's sister took some engagement pictures of us for our wedding invitation. So, I want to share them of course. Aren't we cute?
They were taken in the town were hendrik grew up (which is next to the town where I grew up). They have got that old tower there which served as a background for a lot of pictures in my life. Interestingly enough, I took a walk up there minutes before I met H for the first time.Getting engaged after 9 years is weird. In a lot of ways we are like best friends. Constantly teasing each other and long past that all-over-each-other-phase. But then you are supposed to be best friends first and lovers second, right? I honestly feel like H is part of my body, because he has been there for so long. So I take care of him, because if he hurts, I hurt. Sounds stupid. But it really is that way.
Some of my friends asked what would change when we get married. Everything! It means that H is truly mine FOREVER. That we will grow old together (hopefully) and have a family together. That my future is his and we are a team. It also means officially asking God for his blessing. But I believe He already gave this to us. Meeting H was no coincidence 9 years ago.
Playing with the leaves! Yeah!!!!
When I am with Hendrik, I get so calm. At night I cannot sleep when he is not there. He puts my soul to rest. He makes everything ok. I cannot wait for forever with you, babe!
Of course we also had to take some pics of Henrik's sis with us. Climbing the tower's wall. Haha!
The pictures are awesome! Fall is such a beautiful time to take engagement pictures - the leave pics look like so much fun! :) And the castle is a perfect location - I love it! Can't wait to see the wedding invitation ;) This is all so exciting! Your ring is so beautiful. It's an amazing feeling to be so close to somebody that they feel like a body part. I'm so happy for you both!!! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures; good blog !
ReplyDeleteHappy New year !