Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Life Anno 2016

So again a lot has happened since I last blogged. Life is so busy that I can only mention the most important events of the last months. But I want to remember these days, because I know that one day I will look back and fondly remember them despite all the heart ache my family is going through right now (I will leave that part out). 
First of all, my favorite travel buddy and I went to South Africa in December. 
Please enjoy a random collection of photos from that trip. 
                                                          On top of the world!



                                           The most southern point of Africa!                                      


                                  Our second car. The first one broke. In the middle of our trip...
 The woman who first made me fall in love with South Africa. My host mom back when I was 16 and an annoying teenager.
My favorite city in the world.
On top of Table Mountain


Hendrik on Robben Island. In his swimming shorts because that is how we roll. 



In January I finished up my 7 year long journey to become a fully eduacted teacher (Germany's thourough system at it's best). And because I am now so well educated my state has no job for me (they changed this size of the classes which means no jobs here in the next 3 years). So I moved to Wolfsburg in the north. Away from everybody I know and love, most of all Hendrik. All of this did not go according to plan, which is ok, because I can leave in summer and look for a position somewhere a bit closer to home. Right now I am home on spring break and it does my heart so good to be close to the people I love.

Then there's also wedding planning. 
It's a slow process. So many things to decide and organize. All of this makes it hard to focus on the real reason of September 24th. Committing to spend my life with my best friend. I can't stop watching videos of weddings and dreaming about this day and the things that lie ahead of us in the future. We can't stop talking about it. Hendrik is builiding his dream home in his head. He actually wants to remodel my grandparent's house which is such a sweet idea. Now I "just" need  a job there... And my "baby temperature" has risen to a "baby fever" (Sorry, TMI). But this will have to wait a few years (see above). 
2016 looks like an interesting year.  hope I will be able to update more often ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!