Yesterday my family (parents, brother and me) went to Frankfurt to visit my three cousins. They are my dad's sister's kids. My aunt died 7 years ago from breast cancer, about the time I finally started to feel like myself again after leukemia. Tough times for our family. But we make apont to meet once in a while.
So, after my brother finally got out of bed AND dressed we made the one hour drive to Frankfurt. We quickly checked out my youngest counsin's flat and then went to visit the "Main Tower" (the river Main flows through Frankfurt). In front of the tower they were shooting a scene for a film. They repeated this scene about a million times. They were shooting it as we went up and were still shooting it when we came down again after an hour. The scene basicly consisted of a guy standing in the open door of a truck and throwing money on the street whith the police following him. The whole street was covered with fake Asian money. Of course I collected some :)
Ok, so we wnt up and just enjoyed the view and the nice weather.
sky line
river main
After finally being allowed to leave the building (a swiss guy from the film crew was very stressed out by all the tourists constantly leaving the building) we went on a long walk through Frankfurt and to the Palm Garden. The flowers were nice and everything but we had really walked a lot so we just relaxed and enjoyed.
The day ended with cake and more conversations in the flat. When we finally got home I was exhausted.
PS: When am I finally going to buy myself a camera???
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!