Thursday, 7 June 2012

Two crazy girls' first 10k


Last Sunday I got a message from a friend who changed the university after only two semesters, but since we are so much alike (crazy in a good sense), we are still in touch. She travels a lot. In 2010 she went to London for a semester abroad, then last year she went to Boston and was able to visit Canada, Hawaii, the Bahamas and many more places. You could constantly see her on some beach on facebook. Next week she is in France. Anyway, she wrote me a message and asked if I would like to run a 10k with her. Of course I could not say no. Never mind my hurting joints and the fact that I still take quite a bit cortison every day. So last night she came to the town I study at and told me about her crazy life for hours. This morning we got up at seven (It's a holiday in Germany today) and went to the other town where the event took place. It was a tough one. The first kilometer and  half was flat, but then there was a hill which was 2,5 kilometers long. I hate hills! I usually just walk up since I am lazy. But this time I ran up almost all of it. My breathing must have sounded a bit weird, but I made it. From kilometer 4 on it was just a nice run through the country side. Of course I a little was exhausted from the hill, but I felt great. No body parts hurt and it was nice to see what my body is capable of. For the most part I just relaxed and my body knew what to do. I finished in 55min 59 seconds and I am soo proud of myself! I never thought I could finish under one hour. Denise followed 2 minutes later. Now I am definitely infected with the running fever. It was so much fun! Just look at these happy faces ( and please ignore my red face and sweaty hair. I promise I took a long shower afterwards)!


1 comment:

  1. What a great accomplishment :) Congrats! I'm not so much into running (I'm more the dancing and riding type of person), but I'm sure it must be a great feeling to finish a 10K run. I'm glad you had such a wonderful and successful day :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!