As indicated a few days ago I was at a friend's wedding last weekend. I LOVe weddings. Maggie married a guy called Jesse who she met in her High School year around 2004. The have been in touch ever since. Talking a via skype, writing endless messages and paying a lot for phone calls at crazy hours. Last December he moved to Germany for HER (that's true love). In February he proposed to her and on June 2 2012 they married on her parent' s property near the Bodensee. And I (we) were invited.
We rented a beautiful little flat and I just had to take pictures, because it was decorated with so much love.
 |
| My room |
 |
| The living room |
 |
| Dining area |
 |
| The view from the balcony |
I had been worried about the weather for weeks. I had found the perfect dress and I wanted to wear it without covering it with two jackets and tights (German summers....). Additionally, it was an outside wedding and I wanted it to be nice for them. The day was perfect, maybe even a little too warm.
Since we were three girls and one bathroom we started taking showers around eleven and planned to leave around 2:30 pm since the wedding was supposed to start at three. But someone kept putting curls in her hair till around 2:35 and when we finally arrived it was 2:52. You are never supposed to be late for funerals and weddings, right?
The ceremony was beautiful. All questions were answered correctly.
Then it was time for some champagne and cupcakes. And do not forget to take photos of yourself.
They had even organized a bavarian band complete with Lederhosen and speaking a kind of German I do not understand. I thought it was so funny because the wedding was not even in

Bavaria (the family lived there for a few years). All those Americans attending the wedding now believe we are really all this way.
 |
| Cutting some wood |
 |
| The dining hall |
 |
| The property (I am not jealous or anything) |
 |
| The fiels surrounding the property |
 |
| The beautiful bride and us |
Love the German traditions in this wedding! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeletehttp://thelongestofjourneys.blogspot.com/
Hallo Anne :)
ReplyDeleteNein, es ist nicht gemein, wenn Du sagst, dass Du froh bist nicht ich zu sein ;) Ich beneide mich ja selbst nicht gerade ;D Aber ich hoffe, ich bin auf einem guten Weg, die Situation etwas zu entspannen.
Danke für Deine lieben Worte!
Ich wünsche Dir noch eine gute Woche :)
P.S.: Wow, das Brautkleid ist total schön!
Hallo Anne,
ReplyDeleteich hoffe es geht Dir gut!
Ich habe diese Woche den "Liebster Blog Award" verliehen bekommen. Da ich Deinen Blog total gerne lese, habe ich Dich auch für den Award nominiert und wollte Dir auf diesem Weg Bescheid sagen :)
Ich wünsche Dir eine gute Woche.
Liebe Grüße