sorry for the long break. I intended to blog, but there never seems to be a reason to blog (or I keep forgetting them). Life has been kind of boring. Lots of studying. But since about 11 days university is finally over and I'm free for the summer. Which again is not true since I have to write a 60 page paper (Examensarbeit) to finish my studies. For now I like to pretend I am free.
But today I have got a reason to blog. Yeah. Beate from Wish it. Dream it. Do it. (did I just manag to create my first link????) gave me the "Liebster Blog award" Oh, I'm so proud! I never thought I would ever receive any kind of reward since, let's face it, I'm mostly talking to myself. So I am excited. Just a little bit. Thanks again Beate. You made me happy!
So , here is the procedure:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate at least 5 blogs (up to 11) to receive the award.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Include 11 random facts about yourself in your post.
7. Answer the 11 questions the person that has nominated asked you and create 11 new questions for the people you have nominated.
6. Include 11 random facts about yourself in your post.
7. Answer the 11 questions the person that has nominated asked you and create 11 new questions for the people you have nominated.
This will take some time. So I have ANOTHER reason (besides of the wonderful weather, my brother, it only being the second week of semester break, my budgies and ice- cream) why I cannot start to write the f...ing paper today. Thank you so much Beate!
Now I am supposed to link at least five blogs to receive this award. I really suck. I do not comment much. I am a quiet follower (, but a very loyal one if I may say so). I'll try:
Crystal from Coffee at Nordstrom
Kayleigh from A Million Little Somethings
Allyson from DVM
Melissa from 53blonde
the5davies from Team Davies
Now, 11 random facts about myself:
1. I spent about half a year in South Africa (3 months twice) when I was in school. Since then I just cannot tolerate German winters anymore and I have to move immediately.
2. I read both books from Lance Armstrong about 20 times each in my teenage years. He made me able to endure chemo and start living again afterwards. I'm really thankful for that and n, it does not matter whether he is doped or not (everybody who finishes the Tour de France is). He went back on his back after cancer and accomplished a lot. You can have a great life after cancer.
3. I learned how to swim when I was three and nobody has been able to stop me since then.
4. I am German and I cannot drink pure beer. And while we are at it. No, I've never worn a dirndl.
5. I do some kind of sport every day except from sundays
6. If you let me I will sleep 10 hours a night every night. I sleep a lot. But I never take naps.
7. In my room at home I still have the wallpaper my parents chose for my nursery when I was six months old and we moved in. We somehow never got around to change it. In my teenage years I hated it. Now I think it is funny. It has a boy, a girl, a rabbit, a cat and chickens on it :)
8. I usually eat about one and a half pizza. My brother eats two. Our poor parents.
9. I rarely watch TV except for good soccer games (German national team). Although I announced I would stop watching soccer after we got kicked out in the semi finals at the European championships AGAIN. 2002 (World Cup) we lost the finals against Brazil, 2004 (euro) we really sucked, in 2006 we lost the semi finals against Italy (in our own country), 2008 against spain in the final, 2010 against spain in the semi finals and now against Italy again!!! Its hard to be a German soccer fan. But I also watch "The Bachelor" or "Germany's next top model". Right now, I don't like anything thats airing and I do not watch.
10. But I watch a lot of youtube.
11. When I was thirteen I wanted to move to New York and become and oncologist.
11 Questions I got asked
11 questions I am asking my nominees:
1. If you could only drink one beverage for the rest of your life. What would it be?
2. Favorite season?
3. Best childhood memory?
4. Shower in the morning or in the evening?
5. Favorite color?
6. Longest flight?
7. First pet you had?
8. morning person or do you have your best ideas at night?
9.water with or without gas?
10. Favorite sport?
11. Dream travel destination?
Enjoy your hopefully sunny day. I'm going to the pool!
- Cat or dog person? cat.
- Favorite actor/actress? Don't really have one since I watch so litlle Tv or movies.
- What do you do to relax after a stressful day? Eat and talk!
- A motto/saying that follows you through your life? Never give up!
- An all time favorite song? my favorite song changes all the time.
- A blog post from someone else that inspired you lately? I mentioned a few weeks ago, I follow the blog "2 kids, a mortage and a minivan". Their daughter has cancer, a very nasty cancer. InJune they were told she would die soon, now her scans are clear. I admire the mother, Kate, so much. Having a child with cancer is harder than having cancer yourself.
- Favorite dish for breakfast? almost every day I mix milk, oat meal, banana and an apple. Very delicious.
- Tea or coffee? coffee,but seldom. I only drink tea when I have a cold.
- What did you want to do for a living as a child? I always wanted to be a teacher.
- Favorite place you always love to come back to? The swimming pool in the town I grew up. So many great memories.
- What do you like best about blogging? Meeting new people and learning about their lives
11 questions I am asking my nominees:
1. If you could only drink one beverage for the rest of your life. What would it be?
2. Favorite season?
3. Best childhood memory?
4. Shower in the morning or in the evening?
5. Favorite color?
6. Longest flight?
7. First pet you had?
8. morning person or do you have your best ideas at night?
9.water with or without gas?
10. Favorite sport?
11. Dream travel destination?
Enjoy your hopefully sunny day. I'm going to the pool!

I'm so happy I was able to make you happy :) That made my day too! And I just love your post.
ReplyDeleteYou were in South Africa? Wow! Where exactly? I've never been there, but I hope I can go some day!
Love your motto! :)
Since it's so late here in Germany already I wish you a good night and a great day tomorrow!
When I was in school (tenth and twelth grade).Maybe I could blog about it....
ReplyDeleteYes, please! Sounds like a very interesting post :)
Delete