Today is my best friend's birthday. Hendrik is moving up the 20 something ladder. Although we both went through hell and back during the last 12 months, I love him more than ever. This is for you, babe:
Happy birthday dickmann (his nickname (long, long story)),
right now I am so proud of you. That first half of the last year was crap. We both know that. We took many steps backward. Let's forget about that. But starting in february you started to pull yourself out of the dirt and accomplished many things I thought were not possible. I could hardly believe my eyes. I admire your strength. During long talks I realized how strong you have been your entire life. I don't want to recount it all. But to say your childhood was tough is an understatement. If I had been through this all, I would not be where you are now. I would have given up at some point. During the last weeks I watched you analyze yourself relentless and coming up with a new understanding for yourself. I can see that you will benefit from this all your life. Your relationship with God is once again so strong that I get jealous. Thank you for all the times you held me when I cried. Thank you for understanding all my crazy thoughts. Thank you for all the times you told me it would somehow be all right. Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for being the incredible person you are.
I cannot wait for the next year of your life. Amazing things will happen. For Christmas we will go to Kenya and just relax. We deserve it so much. We will graduate from university and start our big people life and I do not have a clue where we will be living next year around this time. I just pray that we will find a place where we can both live and work. I do not want to be seperated from you again.
We can do this!
Love, always and no matter what!
Brauni (another nickname)
Happy Birthday Hendrik! I hope this next year holds many wonderful things for you both :)
ReplyDeleteHerzlichen Gluckwunsch zum Geburstag Hendrik!!!
ReplyDeleteWish you two have a blisfull years to live.
Alles Liebe und Gute zum Geburtstag, Hendrik!
ReplyDeleteIch wünsche Euch beiden von ganzem Herzen alles Gute. Ihr schafft das!