Hendrik is scared of teeth. Scared in the sense that he cannot look at them and if he is forced to, like when I smile real big, he shrieks and runs away. Which of course makes me laugh even more. Already today he is scared of the day when his future kids will lose their teeth. His fear of teeth is the reason he likes to ruin photos with this weird
ugly grin where his mouth is shut. He tries to make me laugh like this as well. I refuse.
When I got my wisdom teeth removed he made the whole experience even more hilarious than it already was by refusing to kiss or cuddle me for days. My dad tried to show him my teeth and he sprinted across the entire living room. This was only topped by the day he got his own wisdom teeth removed. For days he could not stand his own breath because it smelled like the dentist's office. In the days before the surgery I told him about the procedure which made it worse. Some of the funniest days of my life.
I have an app on my phone that makes the sound of a dental drill and every time I need Hendrik to do something and he is a bit too slow, I switch it on and he does what he is supposed to do immeadiately so I switch it off again.

Today I went to the dentist and had an imprint made. The best part was the fact that I got to take it home. I could hardly wait for the moment Hendrik came home. One of my dreams is to accompany Hendrik to the dentist, because I just HAVE to see that. But he abolutely refuses. So I guess this will stay a dream....
I've definitely never heard of someone fearing teeth like that. Not that I can laugh. I'm scared of escalators and elevators.
ReplyDelete