Sunday, 24 February 2013

Flu season



Tomorrow is my first exam which is the easiest of the four I will have to master until the end of April. In the past weeks I have studied so much that I am sick of it and it has only just begun....

Yesterday we had our usual family lunch on Saturdays and my brother was cooking prawns since it was his birthday last week. Hendrik was also present and somehow I could sense that he was not feeling well since he ate a very small portion. Today (I am still with my parents) I called him and he sounded absolutely sick. He finally confessed that he felt nauseous, had a cough and a stuffy nose. So I decided to stay at my parents' house tonight. I cannot afford to get sick now. Yet, I want to come home to him so bad ;(.
So,what do you do a day before the exams when you cannot be with your love? I texted my best friend,  who is also becoming a teacher, and we decided to go to a café and eat a  crepe. Of course we had to take a picture and post it on facebook as a contrast to all the pictures of people studying of the last month (why would you post such boring pics?)

So we had a nice chat and she confessed that she also felt kind of sick and was afraid she might become really sick which would suck because if you miss an exam you get your next chance in September. Now I am home and I still really miss Hendrik. I just want to cuddle with him ;(. But now I have to revise one more time and then I will make the best out of it because I have to catch a train quite early tomorrow.

PS: my friend just texted and she is sick now. Luckily her first exam is only on Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Those crepes are huge! It sounds like it was the perfect study break :)

    Don't get sick and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmh, I'd love one of those crepes, too!
    I missed you, too! Your lovely comment made me smile so much.

    Ich drücke Dir die Daumen, dass Dich keine Erkältung erwischt - momentan ist es echt schlimm überall.
    Und gaaanz viel Glück für die Prüfungen!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish you don't get sick and that Hendrik will get recovered soon! that's sucks being sick in test season.

    and last but not least, i hope your test going well.
    have a wonderful weekend Anne :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!