Afterwards I went home and had some pizza for lunch. Usually I go swimming on Saturdays. When we were kids we all went to the swimming club on Saturdays, now I mostly go alone. However, I was super tired yesterday and decided not to go. But then my mom asked if I could take my grandma on a walk and I agreed. She is turning 90 in December and lives in a retirement home in the town where my parents live and I grew up in. Originally, she is from the south so it was hard for her to move here after living in the south for her entire life. But she has adjusted well. It was nice to go on a walk with her yesterday, she is so sweet and tells interesting stories. Yesterday she told me that her honeymoon was only 3 days long and they only went an hour away from home. And she lost her first love in the war. These are things I cannot imagine... how much pain she has suffered through. I am so glad and thankful that I get to live in a stable and peaceful country now where I am free to say and do whatever I want.
Sunday, 9 October 2011
Grandparents day
Since I finally am not forced to study anymore I decided to do some other fun things. Yesterday morning I went to my grandpa's house and picked some apples. I'm thinking about making some apple sauce since we seem to have tons of apples this year.

Afterwards I went home and had some pizza for lunch. Usually I go swimming on Saturdays. When we were kids we all went to the swimming club on Saturdays, now I mostly go alone. However, I was super tired yesterday and decided not to go. But then my mom asked if I could take my grandma on a walk and I agreed. She is turning 90 in December and lives in a retirement home in the town where my parents live and I grew up in. Originally, she is from the south so it was hard for her to move here after living in the south for her entire life. But she has adjusted well. It was nice to go on a walk with her yesterday, she is so sweet and tells interesting stories. Yesterday she told me that her honeymoon was only 3 days long and they only went an hour away from home. And she lost her first love in the war. These are things I cannot imagine... how much pain she has suffered through. I am so glad and thankful that I get to live in a stable and peaceful country now where I am free to say and do whatever I want.
Afterwards I went home and had some pizza for lunch. Usually I go swimming on Saturdays. When we were kids we all went to the swimming club on Saturdays, now I mostly go alone. However, I was super tired yesterday and decided not to go. But then my mom asked if I could take my grandma on a walk and I agreed. She is turning 90 in December and lives in a retirement home in the town where my parents live and I grew up in. Originally, she is from the south so it was hard for her to move here after living in the south for her entire life. But she has adjusted well. It was nice to go on a walk with her yesterday, she is so sweet and tells interesting stories. Yesterday she told me that her honeymoon was only 3 days long and they only went an hour away from home. And she lost her first love in the war. These are things I cannot imagine... how much pain she has suffered through. I am so glad and thankful that I get to live in a stable and peaceful country now where I am free to say and do whatever I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!