Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Life update

I'm finally done with my undergraduate paper. 80 pages pure bla. But I'm proud. I never thought I could talk that much (about something boring like this). So, if you have questions about how to communicate correctly, ask me!

I guess I never really announced it, but in seven weeks Mr. Hendrik and myself are going to board a plane and escape the cold. I already spent two Christmases in the sun in my teenage years and I needed another one. Hendrik wanted to go to Africa for quite a while to see lions. He is kind of obsessed with them. He may or may not smuggle a stuffed aninmal lion into our bed. I have a pink pig called Pinky. But I disgress. So, the day Hendrik left the clinic we walked into a travel agency and booked a holiday in Kenya. Ok, I admit it is a bit extravagant since we are both students. But we deserve it. Anybody does. But we really do after the s..t we had to deal with during the last year. So we will spent 10 days in a great hotel at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We will come home on December 26 and continue our Christmas festivities in the cold and make everybody jealous with our tan.
From the hotel's web page :)

I wrote my final (!!!) exam in Biology. I thought the day would never come. Now I "only" need to take the big exams in spring and  I.am. done. Can you believe it? I am going to graduate and be offically a teacher. A real one. I might faint!

Afterwards I have the whole summer off until I can start teaching in November. A totally foreign concept to me. During the last summers I wrote papers nobody was really interested in (if they just were honest). So I thought I might save the world ... or fulfill a life long dream and finally visiting the country of burgers, soda and Mr Bush. As always I decided to be egoistic so I chose to fulfill my dream. I have been wanting to go since I was thirteen. Back then I told everybody that I would move to New York after high school. But then I realized that you have to pay millions to rent a walk in closet and decided to stay. No, in all honesty, I just realized how much I loved my family and friends :) But I still NEED to go. So before I become a real grown up with a real job I am going to see the states. I have wanted to be a counsellor at a summer camp. So I spent all morning yesterday filling out endless forms. They want to know everything. I kept waiting for them to ask me my bra size and and to hand in my budgies report card. But then they called me to tell me how freaking amazing I was because I am so well qualified I am. I must have exagerated quite a bit about my swimming, tennis and running skills. Basicly they told me my chances are pretty high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited! No, that is an understatement: I am pumped! I want to go right now and I cannot wait. Can't summer be there already?

So to sum it up: In 2013 I am
 a) going to graduate from university
 b) fullfill one of my biggest dream and spent several months in the USA
c) start my first real job
and to have enough energy for this amazing year I will end the chaotic year of 2012 in th sun with the man I love most.

Now, I have to ask my professors to write me letters of recommendation and watch out that I do not actually believe what they will write about me!

Woha!

Anne goes to America

2 comments:

  1. yay for finishing paper! i know exactly how that feels. i'm so glad i'm so over it. congrats Anne!
    and yes, you deserve that vacation. and africa...i'm already jealous even before you get your tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have such a big year ahead! Congrats on finishing the paper--80pages? Whaat?!

    I absolutely love Kenya. I turned 17 there and it will always be dear to my heart. I hope you'll take lots and lots of pictures (and go visit the Mari Mari Animal Preserve. Amazing!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!