Monday, 22 April 2013

What I will miss and won't miss about my life as a student

Today I went to the university to return some books to the library. It was weird to walk around the campus full with busy people and I did not have a class to go to. Awesome!
This made me think about all the things I am going to miss and the things I am not going to miss about my life as a student:

I am going to miss:

- seeing my best friend in class. We have known each other since first grade.
- sleep. I admit you get to sleep in a lot as a student.
- my train ticket that gets me across the state for 120 euros per half a year.
- the food at university. It starts to taste the same after 4,5 years, but it's cheap and you do not have to cook.
- going to the gym in the morning when it is empty, because I don't have a class
- internships were always a lot of fun and they reminded me of the reasons I did all this.

I am not going to miss:

- arrogant professors and teachers
- completely arbitrary grades
- exams about topics that were originally excluded
- egoistic and braggy students
- being nothing but a number to the professors and teachers who couldn't care less. I have a name!
- let's face it: the papers you write, ghet read once (not even all of it), get graded and then go in the bin.  Nobody ever appreciates the work I do.
- crammed buses. All buses.
- living on a student budget (not over yet, but hopefully soon)
- the library

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it the greatest feeling to be done? I so can't wait for my studies to be over, I actually envy you a little ;)
    I totally agree on everything that you miss and don't miss. I would feel the same way.
    I hope you can enjoy the time now, the stress being over, and just look forward to everything new now :D Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!
    Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!