Friday, 24 May 2013

Long time no see

Sorry for my lack of blogging. After university life is...interesting. The first few weeks I was exhausted like never before. I had no interest in doing anything. I went running a lot, slept almost 10 hours every single day, read a few books and went shopping.
I don't know if you remember, but in November I told you that I had applied for summer camp in the USA. I finally got a camp 2 weeks ago. It's a girls scout camp in Minnesota and I am the waterfront director (zero camp experience, but make me the director. Sure!) At first I was not too excited because I wanted to teach swimming in one of those nice pools in a traditional camp. Now I teach all kinds of things like swimming, canoeing, kayaking and maybe even a little low ropes. I am not particularly fond of lake water to be honest. But you gotta take what you get. So, on June 24 I am going to fly out to the US. Slightly scared,but I am slowly getting excited. I most likely will get back to Germany around September 12, which means that Hendrik will be home alone for almost 12 weeks. This is hard, but I have wanted to go abroad for ever and Hendrik knows that and supports me 100% (like with everything I do). But I am worried because 1. appartment after him living alone for 12 weeks... 2. He will be finishing up his studies so he could use some support and if this is not enough his step who thought he had beaten colon cancer now has tumors in his brain and lung. We don't know how long he is going to live and I pray I can be there when he dies,because Hendrik needs somebody to hold on to. His step dad never lived with Hendrik's family and 2 years ago Hendrik's mom and he seperated, but Hendrik still loves him dearly. I have to be there to keep hendrik on track when it happens. If you could say a prayer for Henny's family tonight I would be very grateful. But I know that God provides. The past few weeks I was a little frustrated, because I mostly sat at home, occassionally tutoring a bit, while my friends got jobs. I could not really get one, because of camp. This morning the university called. My heart stopped, because I thought that something was wrong with my exam and I might have failed somehow. But it turns out they had called me, because a school needs an English teacher until the summer holidays which start July 6. I was offered a job without applying or even thinking in this direction. Nothing is certain yet  as I can't teach until the summer holidays because of camp, but I am speechless. God provides, I don't even need to ask.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting how you're coming to the US! It is too bad that Hendrik can't come too! I'll be praying for his step-dad.

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful chance to go to the US. I'm sure it's going to be amazing :) Can't wait to read about it when you're there.
    And Congrats on the job opportunity. Things will work out for sure, just don't stop believing in it.
    I'll keep Hendrik and his step dad in my thoughts and hope nothing worse will happen, especially not while you're away!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!