Hello!!!!
So, I am back in good, old Germany. A lot has happened. The last few months were absolutely life changing. I met people I have grown close to in only 9 short weeks I was blessed to live at camp. People who were supposed to be my colleagues, but became some of the best friends I will ever have. Sometimes I turned into a careless child again who ran and shrieked with delight during one of thje water fights. Yet, I also felt a lot of responsibiliy as me and my friends were completely responsible for 70 kids for one week (small camps are the best). I lived without any worries and sorrows for the 12 weeks I was in the USA. Now, I will attempt the impossible: describe this time in words and pictures. I want to cry already. I have never been homesick, but I am campsick.
Here we go:
On June 24th I got on a plane and flew to Minneapolis, MN. The first few days was spent at the biggest Girl Scouts camp near Minneapolis. This camp was already full of children and staff, so the staff for the other camps who were supposed to start 2 weeks later moved into small shed, we now lovingly call the chicken coop. I genuinely miss this place!
After a few days we went to Wisconsin for our actual staff training. We had an amazing time. The first few days at that other camp I had been kind of quiet, but now the madness began. We had a lot of lectures on childcare, tried all the activities and on our last day had a paint fight. Sooo much fun!
Of course we also had campfires!
The lake at the camp in Wisconsin!
Josy and the lovely troop houses we got bto stay in. The even had a bathroom with showers in them. Such luxury!
Josy and me!
At campfire they also burned a flag. This was weird for us intenationals, because everyone was so solemn and it felt like a funeral. Americans and their flag!!! But this was only part one of the story ;)
About to have a great time!
Next: 4th of July, I move to my actual camp and the kids arrive!








Soooooo happy I can finally see your blog again! I tried it several times lately and it was always saying it's a private blog :(
ReplyDeleteBut now I can read your wonderful stories of your trip.
Oh what an amazing time you had there, so happy for you you got to do this :)
I want campfires and paint fights, too :D