I just came back from a meeting with my church group I really love. Today's subject was Dietrich Bonhoeffer. He's very popular in Germany and an inspiring personality. He was a theologian and in the resistence movement against Hitler. I learned a lot of new facts about him and war (again!) Did you know that half of the people killed in World War II were killed in the last year of the six year war? Plus, there were about 40 (and that's only the official number) attacks against Hitler and all of them failed. Devil must really have been holding his hand above him.
He came from an aristrochratic family and could have lived an easy, comfortable life. But first he studied theology and when he was already in the USA he felt called to go back to Germany. He was killed only a month before war ended. His last words were: "For you it's the end, for me it's only the beginning."
If you want to find out more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!