I don't take drugs (and if, I probably would not admit it on the internet, but I really don't). I tried a cigarette in grade 10 and it left me coughing for almost 5 minutes. Since then I smoked maybe 5 cigarettes, usually for special occasions like me graduation. I sometimes drink some alcohol,though. In Germany you can get beer from age 16 on and champagne and the other stuff when you are 18. So, I started with beer (usually mixed with coke) and tried quite a few other things as I got older. At my high school partys alcohol was usually involved. I enjoyed it, but never got drunk. I could always walk and remember the evening. I am a control freak and I don't want to loose control over what I say or do.
One funny story. If you read my blogs about my brother you know that he lives extremely healthy and usually does not touch alcohol at all. However, at my graduation prom, after the parents left, he stayed together with me and Hendrik since he knew some of my friends from swimming. My dad gave me a 50 euro bill and told us to enjoy the night. So, the whole group walked to the nearest petrol station to buy some alcohol. He was 17 back then which was why he could not buy anything other than beer. At the petrol station he took a bottle of liquor (Jägermeister) out of the shelf and gave it to me (since I had the money, ha). I was surprised, but did not want to act as the big sister who does not allow her brother to have any fun. My thought was that he knew what he could drink and he would not be drinking this alone. I was wrong! He was willing to share, but nobody really liked his choice. So within 2 hours or so he.drank. it. all. alone!!! He was not drunk or anything, just very relaxed and my friends thought he was funny. I was worried!!!!! But still very happy as you can see on the picture underneath. It was my prom after all (can you see that grin, I must have been VERY happy)
(henny,me,Nico)
At around 4 we decided to go home. Hendrik was driving. When Nico fell asleep on the highway, I got very worried since I thought this was a bad sign and wanted to wake him up, but Henny and my friend, who was in the car with us, said I shouldn't. Then, just as we wanted to leave the highway, Nico started to vomit. The buffet at the prom had been great and you know how much guys can eat..... Ok, so the end of my prom was standing in the driveway with Henny and my mom cleaning Hendrik's car which still smells on hot summer days. Funny story to remember. Trust your instincts and stop your little brother if necessary :)
I definitely agree with your perspective. I tried a cigarette once (mistake) and will NEVER do that again.
ReplyDelete