Monday, 23 January 2012

A heart hidden

A women’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man seeking God will find her there.
What a beautiful saying, I’ve held it close for so long now. Every time I read it or hear it my heart beats just a little faster.

Most of us would agree that our hearts long to be hidden (safe, secure and adored) in someone. But I believe we also find the thought of a man searching God to know our heart is precious and we feel cherished, loved and accepted.
Living our daily life often does not mean to hide your heart in God. It means to be consumed with the world. To have a boyfriend, to have the right clothes, to say the right things... we get so overwhelmed. So many girls believe that their image is found in these things.

Often I struggle so much, trying to understand who I am, what I am supposed to be and if I am ever going to be cool/hip enough for some people.

Recently, I discovered this quote and rediscovered the importance of sharing my faith with my future husband. When I met Hendrik he perfectly matched the picture described above. He gave me a bible on our first or second date. He even made me read it. (At this time I believed, but did not read the bible) We went to church together because HE wanted to. Today, almost five years later, it is the other way around. I read the bible every night and want to go to church. He also wants to go to church but has not touched a bible in some time. What hurts most is the fact that he does not live a very good Christian life right now. It's in him but he struggles to find it. God's voice is very hard to hear and with the loud lifestyle he lived until very recently he is not really able to hear it. Every night I pray that God gets closer to him and I ask God to please show me if he is the one. I want him to be and he can be the perfect one. But right now he is often busy with other things. "God, please let him find a way back to you. Not because of me, but because he is special to you and he needs you in his life."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!