Thursday, 7 March 2013

The comforts of a long term relationship

Hendrik and I have been together for six years and have been living together for two and a half. Needless to say we know each other very well. He knows everything about me and I know all about him. I know all his quirks and he knows mine. And I absolutely love it. Right now, it is almost four p.m. and I am wearing my pyjama pants and I mostly lounge in bed, because this is the place I like to study. Can you imagine how I look? Well, Hendrik still told me I was beautiful. This to me is the comfort of a long term relationship. He knows every little detail about me and some things are not perfect, but he still loves exactly this and I can laugh about his strange habits. I would not ever change this. It is so relaxing. At the beginning of our relationship I still stressed about so many things and tried to be perfect. There is no pretending now. I have absolutely no desire to go back to this awkward first stage. We laugh about things nobody else would ever laugh about and sometimes I catch myself explaining something we like to talk about to other people and they don't get it. But that's ok. It is probably the same way when I talk to my high school friends, but with Hendrik this is at much higher level.
I hope you get this right. I don't mean to brag and if you read my blog last year you know that we have definitely had our share of trouble. But I am very proud of the fact that we used this as a chance and worked very hard to get back into our old "groove".

perfect weird love quote for us

4 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful to share the great things about your relationship! There is something so wonderful about just being with your best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so great to have someone who knows and accepts us just the way we are. and it's also great to be with someone, who we can feel comfortable in our skin. no need to sugarcoat or try too little to hard to be perfect. and i'm happy for you that you have that someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful post. I'm so glad to hear you're both happy being together after all that happened.
    That's very precious.

    Love the Dr. Seuss quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you have beautiful blog and really great post, good luck to you guys in future!
    Maybe you want to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc? check my blog and let me know! i would love it!
    http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!