The first stop was Washington. We took a tour at night where everything is illuminated. It was beautiful!
The next day we had a full day in Washington. So we saw everything in day light ;)
View from the Old Post Office
There were many cute little food shops in the Old Post Office, but Donald Trump bought it and is going to convert it into yet another luxury hotel. I felt sorry for all these people who are forced to close their shops after some of them have been there for decades.
Grave of the unknown soldier at Arlington. Washington sometimes feels like a giant cemetery. So many memorials.
Changing of the guards
Pentagon memorial for those who died on 9/11. I thought it was beuatiful. They have water streaming between those stones and the stones stand in rows of the year the people were born in. The youngest was born in 1998 :(
The day ended with pizza on the lawn that leads to the capitol. The lawn seems to turn into agiant sports field in the evenings when people meet to play baseball.
Some people went toa baseball game, but since I had already been to one and the exhaustment of 9 weeks of camp and sleeping very little finally kicked in, I went to bed early.



I definitely need to visit Washington some day! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! So good to see you smile so much.