So, after we said our final goodbyes, I flew from Minneapolis to New York City. A dream come true. I have wanted to go so badly since I was 13. I actually wanted to move there, but the realized you had to pay a fortune to rent a walk-in-closet to live in. That's the only reason I didn't ...and a few more.
So I went to NYC ALL ALONE, landed at 8pm and the got to the hostel on my own and did not get lost. Very proud of myself! I shared a room with some Polish girls who were in bed when I arrived at 9pm and still were in there when I left at 10 am the next morning. But then came the really challenging part: I had to sleep in bed with sheets and pillows and not my sleeping bag. I almost could not handle it.
The next morning I met up with my camp friend Jim and we explored the city. The freedom was almost too much. We went to Starbucks, of course.
Then we went to Times Square.
I freaked out because suddenly there was Ellen (on the screen)!
Jim and me on the steps on Times square. Taking goofy pics!
Then Megan joined us and we "met" the Statue of Liberty
jep
New York Taxi
Empire state from the Rockefeller Center
Central Park
Megan and me in Central Park
Ground zero
Me and all my luggage on Times Square at night again. I dragged all my luggage across New York that evening. And those stupid subways did not even have elevators!!!
Then I had to say goodbye to Jim (miss her so much). I did not even cry anymore, because I had had to say goodbye so often in the past days.
Megan and I went to a hotel just outside New York, because the tour from New York to Miami, we had both booked independently from each other, started the next day (she had been at a different Girl scouts camp in Minnesota).


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!