Sunday, 12 February 2012

30 day challenge: 19

day 19- Disrespecting your parents

I owe my parents everything. Without them I would not be where I am today. They have always supported me, they always have been and always will be there for me. They always made sure that me and my brother were happy. They had endless talks with teachers and probably worried more about me than I ever did. I can ALWAYS talk to them. No matter what it is. They are the best parents God could have given me. And I hope I can be an equally good parent to my kids.

Hendrik's relationship to his mother (his dad passed away when he was 7) is entirely different. I do not want to get into any details. Mistakes were made on both sides. And while I often can understand Hendrik's anger towards his mother, I always remind him of the fact that she is his mother and therefore deserves respect. She loves him (despite her hurtful actions and words) and certainly put a lot of work in him. I know for sure that she spent nights worrying if something was wrong with Hendrik. So my view on disrespecting parents is that you should always pay respect to your parents, because there is no bond like that between a parent and a child. If your parents abused you that's a different story, of course. But parents stay in your life, friends might leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!