Wednesday, 22 February 2012

An awful, amazing day

After the mess of the last couple of days I was NOT in the mood to go and see another doctor. But I had to because my hand (thumb) still looks kind of strange. So I got up, called Hendrik to see if he had made any progress with his doctors and went to the hospital by train. I hate trains. I commuted to university for 2 years and I am so fed up. I got registered at the hospital and waited for my turn to see the doctor. and waited and waited and waited. After almost three hours he was finally able to see me. He looked at my thumb, looked at the MRT pictures and shook his head. What he basicly said was that I did not have a chance that my thumb would repair without surgery. Yeah! Great news after 2 weeks of wearing this cast which slowly starts to smell. Ok, so I got scheduled for surgery on friday. That was the awful part.
As always when I visit the hospital I went up to the pediatric cancer ward to see if I could meet some of my old friends. I met a nurse who chatted a bit with me and introduced me to some parents and kids. This is probably my favorite part about visiting my old prison as I call it. I talk to them and tell them that I have been where they are now and today I am fine. I live a normal life and the cruel therapy is absolutely worth it. Life is great!
Then I went home, told my parents about the surgery and since it was unbelievably warm for february I went jogging. This was amazing. I have missed the fresh air, the warmth, the forest and the birds so much during the last month. I wish I had brought my camera. Nature was beautiful. There aren't any leaves on the trees yet and in the shade there is still snow. This run gave me the strength I had asked for a few days ago. While running I was able to forget my thumb, Hendrik's sickness and all the work I am supposed to do for university but do not have the time and patience for. Now I am positive that we will all manage to get out of this quickly and stronger than we are now.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Isn't running the BEST for forgetting all your worries? Hopefully things are going to work out for the best! My prayers are with you!!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is my medicine! If I had the time I would run ever single day. thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!