Monday, 27 February 2012

Surgery day

My surgery on the thumb went well. I went to the hospital at six in the morning. All by myself if I may add so. I got a room and put on the sexy nightgown AND those amazing socks and then they gave me the happy pill. This is when it started to go wrong. What you have to know is that I had been looking forward to actualy see the operating room and watch them do my surgery. I did not expect to see them operating on my hand but I wanted to see them all dressed up (especially for me) and see how it actually worked. What I did not know is that the happy pill makes you sleepy and I completely drifted off. The last thing I remember is wondering how many needles where in my arm (I was afraid of the needle that had to go into my armpit to knock my arm out) and when I woke up I was in recovery and kept falling asleep. I AM SO DISAPOINTED! When my dad called to see when he could pick me up I told him how disapointed I was and not how surgery went. Now it is monday and I am still not over it! Who knows if I ever get another chance?
The weekend was quite painful, but I still went to see my friends. I guess I am used to be drugged up because of my leukemia. Today I spent my day typing my term paper with one hand and now I am frustrated because I am a sports addict but cannot do anything because of my red (from the disinfection), swollen, hurting arm. Arg!

1 comment:

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!!thats good your surgery went well!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!