day 21- your favorite show
About a year ago I discovered the Ellen Generes show and I laugh my head off when I watch videos on Youtube, but I cannot watch the whole thing since I live in a funny country called Germany.
So my favorite show is a German one called "Wetten, dass..." (translation makes no sense). A very famous talkmaster invites international stars and people send in bets that they can do certain things. Crazy stuff like recognizing cows from the noise they make when eating or climbing out of a pool up to a diving board with the help of toilet paper. Interested?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bODLZLTFtM0
It's been on forever. But in December 2010 a (handsome) young guy bet that he could jump over driving cars (nothing unusual). He managed to jump over the first one, but something went wrong with the second one. He has been paralyzed from the head down since that day. Everybody was shocked and the famous talkmaster, Thomas Gottschalk (funny guy) decided to quit.
He had his last show in December and so far there has been no one willing or able to do his job.
I grew up watching th show. First I was allowed to watch till 9 (it airs one Saturday evening a month), then till ten and man was I proud when I could watch it until the end. I have fond memories of watching it. And now at least Thomas Gottschalk will not be there anymore
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comment! I hope to reply soon!